News

Deadly Brain-Eating Microbe Found in Tap Water, Texas

It seems that 2020 has more disasters to the world still it’s not over. A piece of warning coming to the resident of Lake Jackson in Texas. A deadly brain-eating microbe was found in the public water supply which took the life of six years boy. A warning has been issued by the US government for the resident of Texas. Earlier this month, Josiah Mclntryre came into the contract of the microbe and unfortunately lost his life. This death forced the related authority to arrange tests for the water system of the city.

Till now, 3 out of 11 tests have been taken that show a prefatory positive result for the brain-eating microbe. A statement released by Texas Commission on Environmental Quality talks about the disaster in Texas.

It was warned that the water system is afflicted with hazardous naegleria fowleri, sinister amoeba blobs that Ensphere human brain.

According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Naegleria Fowleri is usually found in the warm pure water and soil.

Brain-Eating Microbe: Symptoms

This infection is deadly and befalls when people go swimming in warm freshwaters such as lake and rivers. This kind of incident has happened before as well in 2011 and 2013. The first death occurred in Southern Louisiana.

The Brazosport Water Authority is issuing a Do Not Use Advisory for all water in the following cities: Lake Jackson, Freeport, Angleton, Brazoria, Richwood, Oyster Creek, Clute, Rosenburg, Dow Chemical, TDCJ Clemens and TDCJ Wayne Scott. pic.twitter.com/PWp95dXdrE

— Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (@TCEQ) September 26, 2020

It affects people when polluted water enters into the human body through the nose and reach the brain. The virus causes a rare disease known as amebic meningoencephalitis.

How to Prevent

Amebic meningoencephalitis causes severe symptoms including vomiting, laziness, fever, headache, seizures and more. The victim dies within a week of contracting the virus.

The residents were warned to not use tap water until the water system is safe again to be used. Meanwhile, the residents of the city are being advised to use water after boiling, and also asked to not use water upper than neck especially in the nose.

About the author

Thomas Garneau

Thomas Garneau

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment